Monday, May 2, 2011

This weekend has been really quiet in terms of going and doing. I think the most eventful thing we did was grocery shopping! We did get in the car on Sunday just to get out of the apartment and drove around the immediate area we are in. It reminds me of TCU area with the awesome homes, neat shops and restaurants. It reminded us of a place that my parents would really dig! The kids enjoyed getting out and taking a look around too. We saw a HUGE mosaic armadillo that Brady was really excited about, in fact we had to turn around and see it a second time!


We have been trying to help the kiddo get acclamated to this new setting and I think they might finally be getting to a more comfortable place. Angelina is like me, she can sleep anywhere, but Cirstyn and Brady are a bit different. Brady has been getting up at around 5 am every morning so Larry has been getting up with him on the mornings that he won't go back to sleep. By nature Larry is a morning person, me - not so much! I make sure he gets a nap in sooner than later so he catches up on sleep. Cirstyn has figured out how to climb out of the pack-n-play we have her sleeping in.

Tomorrow we have to take Brady in to see the radiation doctor for his weekly appointment before he starts his actual radiation therapy on Wednesday. It's been a week and a half and it seems like we really just got here. There have been so many appointments and assessments, doing all the preliminary "stuff" to get this underway and now it's almost here. I have to admit that Larry and I are both nervous about the radiation therapy starting. I mean it's unavoidable, it has to be done, but what it brings with it is uncertain. Brady will more than likely loose his hair at the radiation site. It may or may not grow back and if it does it will take time. Superficial, I know, but Brady will be aware of that. Will it bring about behavior changes, learning difficulties, or hormonal damage? I just really dislike the uncertainty of it all. We've been at the point where we couldn't see the future for Brady and Angelina before, but that resolved and with acceptance came peace and more certainty. Now here we are again at the threshhold of uncertainty of our child's future again. I know it's only been almost a month since this all started but I'm ready to get back to seeing a future for our child in my mind's eye.

Anyway, Larry took Brady today to get a hair cut so that we could see his pertinent area better and he looks really cute! That was the big even this morning. Let's hope the rest of the week is that uneventful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FROM OUR CARINGBRIDGE PAGE:

TUESDAY, MAY 3, 2011 12:42 PM, CDT
Just wanted you to all know that I am praying for you all each and everyday. I think about your family often, I do miss Pat and Nix, and hope that we can see each other soon. Get well Bradyn, I want to be able to hear you sing:)
Take care God Speed.
Maggie

Maggie Stark
mstark@azleisd.net

-----------------------------------

TUESDAY, MAY 3, 2011 6:36 AM, CDT
Sounds like you're really getting to know the place. It's big, huh? And, what about that hospital district? Talk about big!

Ok, now, about these side-effects Brady could have. I know my nephew is 33, and it's a different type brain cancer, but he was given the same story about personality change, etc.~~none of it happened to him. He's still the same wonderful, funny, caring person he's always been. My husband says he thinks it's like the warning on all medications~~they've got to tell you all that scary stuff, but chances of it happening are slim. I think he's right. Just keep trusing God for the best for Brady. He'll "see after" him.
You're all in our prayers.
Had a good visit with the "elder" Larry Saffords, Sunday afternoon. Those people sure do love their children and are "crazy loving" their grandkids. You're a blessed family~~yes, even with all that's happening. God is blessing you.

romie sanders

-----------------------------------

MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011 9:10 AM, CDT
Hi there,

I am Judy Duncan, also known as grandma Judy. I am married to your great grandpa, Leonard L. Duncan and was there at your Mom and Dad's wedding. Pamela Duncan has told us of your medical problems and made it possible to contact you this way. You are a very special young man and we want you to know that you are in our prayers. Even though we are not with you there physically, you need to know that we love you very much and are proud of the way you are working with those who are helping you. Remember God loves you, too. We hope to see you strong and healthy doing the things you love to do. Grandpa Lee & Grandma Judy

Judy Duncan

-----------------------------------

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2011 6:05 PM, CDT
I can just picture you and Cirstyn now singing and dancing all around. We miss you and are so glad you are getting to do some fun things as well as your radiation. We can't wait to see you all soon! Love you!!

Vince, Aunt Jen, Uncle Keith :)

jen duncan