Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The medical center here in Houston is huge! There are so many buildings, it seems so much larger and cover's more ground than the medical district in FW! The Texas Children's Hospital is really cool, much like Cook's, appealing to little eyes. :) Yesterday's neuro-oncology appointment well and they seem impressed with Brady's recovery. We will see them once per week until we leave Houston. Today we took Brady to mee with Dr. Grosshans at the Proton Therapy Center. There are going to be a lot of appointments in the next 2 weeks but after that things should be more routine.


Tomorrow is going to be pretty busy. Already they have us taking Brady to MD Anderson (MDA) for an anesthesia checkin at 1:30 then at 2:30 a consult, 3:45 back to the Proton Therapy Center (PTC) for labs then at 4:00 he is to have a CT Scan and do a simulation. This means he can't have any food past 8 am tomorrow morning and no liquids past 12pm. Thursday we have to take him for an MRI at MDA at 10 am I believe. I'm sure there will be something set up for Friday, but not sure yet what that might be. Dr. Grosshans tells us that the earliest he can start radiation is Wednesday of next week.

On a more fun note, the 5 of us took the tour of Reliant Stadium yesterday. There was another family as well, but they only had one teenager - no little rambunctious kiddos! They all seemed to have a good time running around that stadium and seeing where it all happens. The grass wasn't on the field because of the lockout and players weren't working out as they might usually be because of said lockout. So we missed out on that but I'm sure Larry and Brady will go back again before we leave! The tour guide gave Brady a program with Andre Johnson on the front and gave each of the kids a rainbow slinky. It was all he could talk about yesterday and today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FROM OUR CARINGBRIDGE PAGE:

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2011 10:16 PM, CDT
Hi

I am a friend of Brady's grandparents Sherry & Mike. Sherry has always shared her grandchildren with me and I want you to know that Brady is thought of and prayed for on a daily basis.

In my thoughts



Natalie Duran
bfit911@att.net

-----------------------------------

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2011 7:03 PM, CDT
My family and I have been praying for Brady since Donna first told us about the tumor. I am confident he will do great with the therapy.

Elaine Young

-----------------------------------

TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2011 10:35 PM, CDT
Hey, Brady, what did you think about Reliant Stadium? Pretty awesome, eh?! Kinda like you! Pretty awesome!!! You got a rainbow slinky? I LOVE those things~~they are so much fun. Well, I'm glad you had a good time, young fella.

Andrea~~you see, now, why I recommended those walking/tennis shoes, eh? That place is HUGE! When I was there with my nephew, I didn't lose any weight, but lost inches, from all that walking! Sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule. I know they'll take good care of Brady~~God is in charge, after all!

God bless you all~~
Gayle

Gayle sanders