From our CaringBridge site:
Bradyn is home! The wish he has been presenting to us for 6 days now has finally come true! Today was an espcially rough day post-op. He had 6 tests to be done before going home, but they all came together wonderfully and he got his orders to come home. He was such a rock star today and totally got all this out of the way with a tear and a smile! It was almost 8pm when we got here and he was tired, but he was so excited that he was in his own home. Nana and Papa were here, the girls were in bed but he got to spend a little bit of time with Nana and Papa. After that all he wanted to do was crawl into bed.
We set up his old toddler car bed in our room so we could monitor him for the next few days or so especially since we would be getting up at odd hours for medicine. He has to be under supervision at all times since he is still wobbly but he is getting better with that every day. He will have to have outpatient physical therapy and hopefully we can do that here at home with Angelina's PT.
We will know more in the coming days about when we leave for his radiation treatment. We will be taking the 5 of us to Houston for about 2 months for Brady to have proton radiaiton treatment. They don't have that here at Cook's and it's a cleaner radiation treatment so we have to do it. We will more than likely be heading down there around the first of May. That will mean no school for Angelina and I don't know yet what I am going to do about my classes. It's not really the issue on the forefront of my mind right now!
God answered our prayer that he make it out of surgery and let him come home - we'll deal with the rest! Praise God for this!
We still can't thank everyone enough for all your prayers, love and support! Our families, the Cook Children's family that apparently adores Larry so much, all our friends and extensions of all these people - THANK YOU FOR PRAYING FOR OUR BABY!
For all those who came to visit, brought well wish gifts that put the smile on Brady's most handsome face, for the hugs, tears and supporting arms there just aren't words.
We are so glad to have brought him home. The hardest part is over - getting him through surgery - now treatment begins. He is a strong little boy and we intend to help him stay that way so he'll be around for a long, long time. Larry and I can't imagine life without him!
Love to you all!
1 comment:
FROM OUR CARINGBRIDGE PAGE:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 7:03 PM, CDT
Glad you are home grandson.
Grams and Papa
Sherry Decker
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 5:46 PM, CDT
I was so happy when your mommy told me you were home and playing with your sisters. I miss seeing you come and pick up Angelina from school. I'm so proud of you for being such a brave and strong boy. I'll be praying for you.
Samantha Galpin
samantha.galpin@gmail.com
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 2:06 PM, CDT
What wonderful news! He's such a resiliant little guy. I bet they just fell in love with him at the hospital. We will keep you all in our prayers for continued healing.
Hugs!
Linda Kennedy
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 2:58 PM, EDT
Brady.
We love you little man and your Thomas the Train.... Get well soon!!
Your Grandma and Grandpa Safford's friends,
Bobby and Irene Catron
Irene Catron
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 11:57 AM, CDT
Brady
We love you dearly and we are so proud of you for being so brave and strong you are such a blessing to our family and you are so blessed to have such a wonerful Daddy & Mommy. We love you all so much and all of our thought's and prayer's are with you if you need anything we are here for you . Love Nana & Papa Safford
Karen Safford
thesaffords76179@yahoo.com
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 11:46 AM, CDT
Bradyn & Family,
I am a co-worker of Sherry's and I just want to let you know that you have people that you have never even met thinking of you and praying for you.
Stay strong and keep faith. Love, Jessie
Jessie Shadowens
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 10:55 AM, CDT
Brady, you and all of your family are in my prayers day and night! You will be better in no time, and know that God is watching you every step of the way!
Hugs & Kisses,
Christie, Don, Austin, Cami, and Logan!
Christie Eskew
cjeskew@sbcglobal.net
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 10:54 AM, CDT
Brady we're so glad you're home now! You are so strong and are very lucky that God gave you strong parents, too! We hope all goes well in Houston and Uncle Bobby and I are praying for you every day...
Love You!
Gail Blankenship
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 9:48 AM, CDT
Prayers are sent and you remain in my heart! So happy your home! I send you air hugs and kisses xoxoxoxo
Get Well Soon!
Karen
Karen Mullen
-----------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 5:44 AM, CDT
Dear Brady,
What good news that you're home and sleeping in your own bed, now. I know your mom and dad are so happy about that. God bless you, sweet boy.
Love to you~~
Gayle Sanders
Gayle sanders
romiegayle@att.net
-----------------------------------
TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2011 8:52 PM, CDT
Hi,
I'm on an online forum with Mandy Blankenship and she told us about Brady's illness. I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I'll be praying for your whole family.
Sara Tapa
Post a Comment