Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting back to life

From our CaringBridge site:

Let's begin with an edit from last night's entry! The Steven's came by with yummy dinner for us last night. We were talking about The Hatton's and they were stuck in my brain!


We got a deliver of delicious cookies from The Hatton's today and they were definintly made with love! Brady is doing so well with walking and coordination. Coming home has made all the difference for that. He is a bit emotional because of the steriod he is still taking but with his last dose being tomorrow morning that should subside in about a week. He has been eating everything in sight. We have to really be careful what we are allowing him to consume since he is on the mend. He complains some when I tell him no snacks just fruit and veggies, but he eats them anyway! I am trying to take advangtage of his eating right now to introduce him to other healthy things he normally wouldn't have eaten.

I actually got out of the house this morning to take Angelina to see Dr. Hunt her optomologist. She missed an appointment last week with all the chaos so getting her back on track and ready to hit the road to Houston. I stopped by to see my long time friend Michelle DiCola and get a hug from her. I don't get to see her very often so I was impressed with myself that I remembered we were in her neighborhood and could stop by. She always knows just what to say and has a huge hug waiting.

Debbie Barnes and her daughter, April, came by the house today for a visit. Larry and I haven't seen them in such a long time, it was really good to hug their necks! Thank you Debbie for your generosity and sweet well wishes. We appreciate you more than I have words for!

I am in the process of many things right now, one of which is to get Brady set up with Physical Therapy. I am hopeful tomorrow I will be able to get an appointment for a therapist to visit here in our home. Cross your fingers for me please!

I have been praying more than usual these days and more specifically as well. I really feel like God is helping Larry and I stay positive and strong for our little man and really guiding our decisions. I say that because of the decisions we have made none have left a lingering feeling of doubt, so that is really comforting to me. He is putting people in our lives that we need right now and making it possible for our close family members to be able to attend to all of us right now. I am so very thankful for all of this. I really feel that God has Brady wrapped up in his arms right now and will hold him close throughout all of the radiation and possible chemotherapy he'll endure. He's a tough kid and I am so blessed to be his Mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FROM OUR CARINGBRIDGE PAGE:

MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011 4:15 PM, CDT
Bradyn has many prayers and loving thoughts coming from the Girls in Action at FBC Saginaw. Of all the things we do, your health and recovery will be one that we will continue to pray about, without ceasing. We hope Brayden enjoys the small gift we are sending. We have prayed over it and hope it will be of some comfort to him, if only just a smile from one of the silly jokes or the joy of a small toy :) We wish you the best and will be praying for the family.

Theresa Diaz
trdiaz123@sbcglobal.net

-----------------------------------

MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011 3:49 PM, CDT
Thinking of you, Fernandez Family

Tonja Fernandez Tonja Fernandez

-----------------------------------

SUNDAY, APRIL 17, 2011 5:51 PM, CDT
Blessings and love, please know that y'all are in our hearts. John & Patsy Lemons

John Lemons

-----------------------------------

FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011 7:25 PM, CDT
Brady,

Your Uncle Keith and I love you so very much and are so grateful and happy that you were strong and brave through all that you have been through these last couple of weeks. You have the most positive and strong parents in the world and I know that God is watching over all of you and giving each of you the strength to get through this. We love you all and are here night or day with anything that you need.

Love,
Aunt Jen, Uncle Keith, and Vince


jen duncan

jen_holly779@yahoo.com

-----------------------------------

FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011 12:42 PM, CDT
Bradyn,

Keep up the strength you have and you WILL beat this!! Andrea and Larry you are amazing parents and people. I am in awe of you both and say prayers for you all everyday!! Do not hesitate to call if I cand do ANYTHING to help out.
Lots of Love,
Laura Litzeman

Laura Litzerman

-----------------------------------

FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011 6:36 AM, CDT
Jesus love us, this we know, and our bible tells us so. Little ones to Him belong. We are weak, but HE IS STRONG!

David & Carol Forcade