Monday, May 3, 2010
New house, new chapter....
Well, as most of you know by now, Larry and I found a home that we just couldn't live without and closed the contract on it April 12th, the same day Cirstyn turned over 11 months! Happy Birthday baby!
Actually, since Angelina started school and we decided that we really wanted to keep her here, we got back in touch with our mortgage guy. We originally thought we were going to have to wait until the summer but he convinced us that now would be a better time.
We knew we were more than likely going to have to purchase a foreclosure home because of what we needed vs. budget. So we looked at a bunch! We made an offer on another house in Twin Mill Farms but backed out when I found out there was a registered sex offender of little boys 2 houses down. It was a great house, but we couldn't knowingly make that purchase with a person like that nearby! So our new house was the LAST house we looked at. I hadn't even considered Marine Creek Meadows because I thought it was probably Lake Worth ISD and we were forbidden to take Angelina to LWISD! But after a little more research, I found that it was EMISD so I included it on our search list and found this property. The first time we saw it, there was painter's plastic everywhere and NO CARPET anywhere! They had completely repainted all the walls and trim in the house as well as new carpet throughout the entire house. I immediately liked it and couldn't believe that this home was in our price range! I'm talking about down right giddy. So much so that I was trying to curb my level of giddiness for fear of looking like a complete moron! It's so pretty and feels so expensive, but it has all the things we said we needed. Even though it's a 2story there is another room on the ground floor for Angelina when she gets too heavy to carry up the stairs - who knows maybe she'll be walking by that time :). It's on a cul-de-sac so not much traffic and it doesn't back up to another house. I mean there are ledges and niches everywhere, the master br has a tray ceiling, there's no popcorn ceilings anywhere! The backyard needs some love, it has a pretty significant slope due to erosion, but that can be fixed. I will miss the kitchen in the old house with it's island and all it's storage, but the biggest difference be the two is that I OWN THIS KITCHEN! We are saving money also, the mortgage payment ended up being about $50 less than our rent, so that makes me happy!
I have to say, I don't think you can truly appreciate home ownership and the value of how grounded that can make one feel until you've gone from owning a home to renting one. I am really very happy to finally be back in the vicinity of what Larry and I had worked so hard to attain and achieve before we had kids. I'm so glad my kids won't remember moving from the Fuller house to an apartment to the townhouse to the rent house then finally to OUR HOUSE! It makes me happy to be able to finally look down the road of our lives and visualize 5 or 10 years from now and where we may be as opposed to not being able to see into the next year because I didn't know where we would be or when we would be buying again!
We have been so blessed, probably more than we deserve, to land on our feet again. It seems that anytime anything has happened with us, we're like cats...we always land feet first. I feel blessed in that respect, like God is really looking out for us and giving us good direction. We try so hard to be patient (which is hard for both Larry and I to be) and now it's paid off.
SO since just after the golf tournament we have been moving and are almost done. We are doing Cirstyn's 1st birthday party here and I am really excited about that. I just hope we have things hung on the walls by that time! Yes Jennifer, I have pics, but it's late and I'll post them tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! How did you know I was thinking that?? :) I need to just come see it in person. When is Cristyn's birthday party? Can't wait!!
Post a Comment