Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!








All of Nanny's children got together and had Grandma Blankenship's last quilt finished and presented to her at Mother's Day lunch at my mom's house.  It was so beautiful and as you can see from the pictures, she was quite surprised!  This is a great picture of Nanny, Mom, Rick and Bobby!

My babies did some special things for me this year too!  At school Angelina made a "garden" with tulips made up of paint hand prints and a very special poem about mothers.  I just love it mostly because I can really tell those are her hand prints!  Brady made a special apron that say's "Mom you brighten my day!" with hand print flowers at school as well, it's so cute!  I don't think I'll ever wear it because I don't want to get it dirty.  I have it hanging on the refrigerator and he will spread it out and read  it to me about 5 times a day!  

Daddy and the kids made a card that they all signed and gave me my two favorite kid books:  Guess How Much I Love You and I'll Love You Forever.  I have read these two books to all the kids so many times I can't even tell you.  Guess How Much I Love You was the first book that I happened to memorize and that Brady could just tell me the story be looking at the pages.  Angelina knows this book too and really listens and laughs appropriately.  I bet if she could talk she would be able to tell me the story too!  Now Cirstyn is doing the same thing!  In I'll Love You Forever we made up a tune to the song the mother sings to her baby and Brady always wants to sing it when we are reading.  Larry wrote a beautiful inscription inside and it makes my heart just well up!  Great idea you guys had, Mommy loves her present....


-------------------------
Here are some more pics of Mother's Day at Mom's







No comments: