About a week ago as I was changing Angelina for bedtime Brady kept getting up out of his bed so I told him to come and join us. We were in the hallway between their rooms because Cirstyn had already gone to bed and was sound asleep. So there we were, just the three of us once again and it was such a sweet time. I asked Brady to lay on his back next to Angelina. I wanted to see if side-by-side they were looking any more alike. They weren't! BUT the neatest thing happened. I was seeing an updated version of a picture that had been taken almost 3 years ago when they were babies. It was their announcement picture that I was thinking of. Brady was looking toward me and Angelina was tilted toward him and their faces were touching just a little. Angelina had the most aware look in her eyes as she began to reach for him. I was helping her bring her arm over all the way and she was trying to get his hand. It was so cute. Then I showed Brady how to open her hand so he could clasp his fingers with hers and he did. There they were, the two of them, holding hands and snuggled up a little! I explained, the best I could to a three year old, how they were in mommy's tummy together like Cirstyn was when she was in mommy's tummy. He said he understood, but who knows?! I told him I wished mommy had her camera and he was saying "take a picture mommy!" So I did, with my fingers!
It was so endearing like nothing else in the world mattered right then and they were having not just a sibling moment, but a twin moment! That doesn't happen very often and I was so thankful I was there to witness it!
No comments:
Post a Comment