It's late, as usual, and I'm making muffins per my son's request, naturally! I've really been focused on diet lately and am incorporating different ways to get the good stuff in without too much objection and muffins is one of those ways. While I have been waiting for them to finish I've been recounting the day with much sentiment. Cirstyn left early today to stay with my grandmother for the night so it's been the twins and I today. There have been so many sweet moments today between these two and I've also gotten the lion's share of sweetness from them both as well. With his little sister, and partner in crime, gone Brady's been a bit low-key today and has enjoyed having his own personal time with his mommy and daddy. It's funny that he doesn't mind sharing time with Angelina but will fight with Cirstyn for all the attention! During this time today I've realized how much he's grown up, just how articulate he is and have found for the first time wishing he was small again. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back to the early parenthood days for nearly anything but having some real personal time with him has made me miss some of the things he used to do. He's reading so well, doing simple math and is trying to write letters. His memory is astounding as he can recount many small details of things we did weeks ago. I can't even remember all of yesterday much less weeks ago, so I'm really easily impressed!
Maybe he seems more mature because of the ordeal he has been put through, not only surviving brain cancer and it's treatment, but with a smile and energy! I am truly amazed at our little man and his determination to overcome. We have been cheering him on and as well as all of you have so maybe he has that oldest-child need to please all of us by making it through, if so I'll take it!
I'm going to sleep tonight basking in the bliss of my love for my two survivors, two peas in a pod, overcoming life's obstacles against all odds! (oh and the little monster girl too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment