Friday, August 12, 2011

Exploring options for Ms. Angelina!


Today we met with Epic Medstaff to inquire about their in home nursing services for Ms. Angelina.  It was an interesting and informative conversation giving them her medical background and asking questions about their program.  They think she will qualify for 40 hrs per week of nursing services.  This would include in home help with her, either while I am there or if I needed to go to the grocery store, things like that.  Even if we needed the nurse to drop off/pick up from school as well.

It's kind of wierd to think of someone in your home, a stranger at first, so I'm sure the interview process will be long.  I don't know what kind of arrangment/schedule we will put together and this school year Angelina is going to the afternoon class rather than in the mornings.  I spoke with her principal this morning and the reason for the switch she said that once kids are 4 they switch to afternoons so that they can integrate with the general pre-k class for socialization occassionaly and other activities.  I'm not sure how I feel about that but I guess we will see.  Her friend Carolina was in the afternoon class last year and her mom said that it ended up being ok. 

We haven't been able to start HBOT yet because of Larry's vehicle issue.  For those that don't know Larry's car was t-boned sitting in front of our house by our neighbor who was working on his Yukon.  He had the dash out working on it and somehow his car slipped into neutral.  When he realized he was rolling he couldn't get to the brake because the dash was in the floorboard!  So BAMM!  Right into the defensless little Saturn!  Bent the frame so their insurance company totalled it.  Now we are searching for a new car for him.  Until we find him another car I can't leave him with 2 kids and no car!  So the search continues.

No comments: