Okay, lately when I hit the "Next Blog" button on my blogspot.com page it sends me to tribute blogs of mother's or families of children lost to cancer or some other life threatening disease. Where are the photography blogs or the wannabe fashionista's blogging about new or trendy products they tried just to serve the public interest?
It's usually around 10 or 11 pm so I'm tired already and now here come the water works. Not to be in any way disrespectful, but it's like the train wreck pun...I can't stop reading them. Of course it makes me think how I would feel if I lost any of my babies and how gut wrenching that must be on a daily basis. The one last week was about a little boy who had died from cystic fibrosis. The idea of watching and waiting for that last moment was unbearable. Oddly enough I had been talking to Mandy about the CF walk and Sam's new job with the CF Foundation. So reading it was so emotional. It made me think of Brady and how life without him would be. It made me think of Mandy and her family and really put in perspective what they went through. Today was a little girl not even 3 years old yet, a twin, who passed from stage 4 neuroblastoma cancer 5 weeks after diagnosis. The unimaginable has happened and, as one mom put it, they have been put back together with scotch tape and safety pins waiting for the wind to blow them apart. I guess the only positive thing to say about the ones I've seen is that you can see somewhat of a healing process happen through their blogging about all that is happening around them good, bad, ranting or thanking God for keeping them close in their time of need.
I guess my point is that more than the normal feeling of being super blessed with my three, I have been extra thankful and grateful for them, for Larry and for how strong we are as a whole. Since the first breath of our first child being without any of them is NOT an option. We made a pact with God - send them home and we'll deal with whatever comes next. I'm humbled He thinks enough of us to keep up his end so far!
Even though it's late I'm gonna go kiss them all right now......
1 comment:
Ok...now come my water works :( You guys are forever in our prayers...always are, but even moreso now when you REALLY need IT!!! Jols and I talked to God last night about Brady and she asked him to make Brady all better...I know he will!!! We love you guys!!! And your faith is inspirational!!!
Post a Comment