Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sleeping in, a new Button and Project Potty Training still in progress...

I am SOOO glad school is out for the next almost 3 months.  I know Angelina and Brady love it, but I have to say not have to get up at 6 to feed the big girl is pretty great!  This morning I actually got to catch up on my sleep.  Larry got up early and took the monitor with him.  He did all the morning routine and I slept until 8:30!  It was so nice to just wake up and not to someone else's voice or the alarm.  He made me an awesome cup of coffee and yummy breakfast, the kids were behaving themselves, all was right with the world.  Most of the rest of the day was kind of lazy, but I did have to take Angelina to have her G-Button changed.  I hate having to do this because it's kind of painful for her.  She doesn't like it one bit, and today she realized where we were about 1 minute after we got there and started to do that whining cry.  There was another little boy there about her age so he decided he needed to cry with her.  Oddly enough, he was having the same thing done. I mean, it's a pediatric surgeon's office so they do visits for all kinds of procedures and it's not like there are just an abundance of kids in this area with g-buttons.  Anyway, she cried and cried, but got over it after about five minutes then fell asleep in the car.

Brady has been in potty-training mode for the past week.  It started hardcore because we were all in the little office in our house playing and he just pooped in his pants right there.  I mean there's a bathroom 8 feet down the hall and he couldn't even say anything.  I was completely over it.  So I cleaned him up and told him that for the next little while when we are home he was going to be naked on bottom so he could tell me when he needed to go to the bathroom.  We sat down and made a goal chart out of colored paper and markers.  He has wanted this rug from Home Depot for a while now.  It's the kind that has a little town on it with streets so he can drive his toy cars on it.  Anyway, when we go there he begs for the rug, but we tell him no not right now.  So that is the motivation.  It's written on his chart and he has to read it every time we put a check mark on it for going pee or poop.  There's even a row for accidents to be checked off.  He knows that when he can wear underwear without messing in them we will go to the store and reward him.   He has been doing pretty well so now he wears underwear around the house.  He has only had a few accidents that had to be cleaned up but now he really seems to be getting the hang of it.  He can usually get through nap time remaining dry but night is still a no go.  Last year I bought those "plastic on the outside, cotton on the inside" potty training pants and he wears those to bed over his underwear.  He is starting to understand that if he drinks water at night before he goes to bed his pants will be wet in the morning so tonight he only had a sip of water.  We'll see how that turns out in the morning.  I'm proud of him for trying so hard to be a big boy!

I have a lot of posts to catch up on so hit the delete button if you get tired of seeing them!

No comments: