Brady had his first Thanksgiving luncheon at school! Cirstyn and I went to watch Brady sing the Thanksgiving songs on stage then the 1 and 2 year olds were dismissed into the audience so the older kids could do their next part. Brady was, well, what's the word I'm looking for here....living up to his age! He was very talkative - while the other parents were trying to listen and watch - but it was so cute. He wanted to keep singing along! Once the songs were over the Pastor said a short prayer. In the middle of that Brady bumped his head on the puew in front of us and proceeded to cry that loud sobbing "I've gashed my head open" cry! I tried to hurry and kiss it away but away it was not going. I thought I could take him out of the auditorium so as to not continue to interupt the prayer, but by the time I would have had him out it would have been long over. So we stayed and cried! I guess it was getting into his nap time and we had been in Dallas the day before but he was so figity and didn't really want to listen. They had a professional photographer in one of the rooms to take a family photo. We were standing in line waiting for our turn and when we got to that room Brady WAS NOT into the whole take your picture thing! So I decided we would grab a table and have lunch. He was a hungry boy! He waited patiently next next to Cirstyn while I got a plate together for him and we had a good lunch time. Afterwards, I thought we would try the picture idea again. He wanted to sit in my lap for a hug so I thought I would just carry him for a minute. Leah, the MDO director, offered to carry Cirstyn for me. I didn't realize that Brady like his sister so much but he immediatly started to cry and tell Leah she couldn't have his sister! It was so sweet! Needless to say the picture idea never went over with him. No worries, we can always take another picture. By this time I was ready to get them both out of there and get on home! I had been looking forward to going to this for a couple of weeks and was slightly disappointed with Brady's behaviour, but like I keep getting told....he's almost 3 and he's acting his age! This too shall pass, but on to what I have no idea!!
1 comment:
Fandria,
That is so funny! Enjoy them while they are so little and cute... Zach is still so funny and cute, but is not lovin the kisses in front of school anymore :-(
I miss ya'll
Getting too old.
Ang
Post a Comment