Where is the time going???? I can't believe another month has slipped away and my baby is getting so big! I took Cirstyn to her 6 month checkup yesterday and all is good. She is 15 Lb 5 oz (50%) and 27.5" (95%) tall. It was shot day again so she was not happy about that as well. It's like she knew that was waiting for her after the exam and really wasn't all that nice to Dr. Guthrie. Larry and I weren't going to get the H1N1 vaccine for any of our kids but Dr. G said since Cirstyn had already been sick and built antibodies getting 1 of the 2 shots would be like a booster. So I went ahead and gave them the OK to do it. I let Dr. G know that she really isn't interested in turning over onto her belly yet. She's done it like 2 times but ofotherwise she is content to scoot around on her back. She will do all the motions to get therebut just doesn't give that last little umpf to get all the way over. Anyway, Dr. G says it's thanks to the whole "back to sleep" effort to put babies to sleep on their backs rather than their tummies. I told her if she doesn't get a move on her cuz Nina was going to be crawling over her at Thanksgiving! Hopefully she will get motivated before next month...we'll see.
She's developed a bit of a temper but it only seems to flare when she wants to be held and we don't make a b-line to pick her up. Larry usually caves though and will carry her around trying to reason with her about how she doesn't have to be held all the time - it's really funny to watch! She has been saying "mama", "dada" and other babbling sounds as well. She likes to hear her own voice so she will belt out a loud "aaaaahhhhhh" and is so pleased with the sound she has made. It's like she singing "I am Woman!" She has been eating Stage 1 foods for a couple of weeks now and since all of our going to Dallas is over I finally was able to get her to 3 times per day with that. She really likes it! It's so cute to watch her eyes wide and mouth open for a bite. She likes to giggle sometimes with her mouth full as if to say "look at me I'm a big girl!"
She sure is an interesting girl to say the least and loves to hear her Daddy sing "Cirstyn Delaney your so zaney, you are a big girl now"! She will darn near go excorcist head spin when he starts to sing that to her and puts the biggest smile on her face like she knows he made up that song just for her! She's so sweet and happy, I just love her so!
1 comment:
I can't believe how big she is getting. So so pretty :-)
Post a Comment