My baby girl is the big 5.0 - months that is! She is getting so big and so cute I just want to eat her up! Her weight at the pedi's office 2 days before she was 14 lbs and 11 oz. No height measurement because we were there for different reasons - we'll discuss a little later in this posting. She's trying to turn over from her back to her belly but we aren't quite there yet. She has found her feet though and every time I go to change her diaper Ms. Cirstyn thinks that is the perfect time to grab hold of those toesies and go to work! She is making all kinds of sounds and babbling on and on. Now she is babbling dadadadada....I do all the work, he gets all the glory!! Cirstyn amazes me how she studies everything. She will watch with such intensity like she is trying to make sure she knows EXACTLY what is going on and how it's going on! She thinks Brady is a hoot and he enjoys having a wider audience. As long as she doesn't pull Angelina's hair sissy is okay with holding hands or having a chat. She has been enjoying her rice cereal and can't wait to graduate to something with a little taste to it. It's so funny to watch her watching me eat. It's like....hey mom, don't be stingy, gimme a bite!
Drinking some Pedialyte out of her Podee bottle
Now she did ring in her 5 month mark with a nasty little virus called H1N1. On Saturday morning she woke me up early coughing and crying. She was warm so I took her temp and it was right at 100. I took her sleeper off and laid her on my bed under the fan to cool off. In about 20 minutes she was down to 98.8. About an hour later I checked her again and she was at 101. So I gave her some Tylenol and when 8:00 rolled around I called the pedi's office to see what they wanted me to do. I really figured they would tell me to toggle Tylenol and Motrin and give her mucinex or something like that. NO. The nurse wanted me to bring her in so be checked out mostly because of her age. I wasn't crazy about that but I made sure to be extra carefully about germs and handling her while I was there. Well, after an exam and nasal swab it was confirmed that she has the H1N1 virus. I am sure the look on my face was shocking because I just couldn't believe it. How in the world did my precious little baby get this nasty sickness. I mean, we don't go anywhere! We wash and hand sanitize all the time, Larry even leaves his uniform out in the garage so he doesn't bring in anything from the hospital and showers before touching anyone in the house. So she reassures me that Cirstyn isn't acting sick and she looks really good other than that little cough. She gets the tamiflu and the pedi prescribes a preventative dose to Angelina since she is a more susceptible candidate. Larry and I already were feeling under the weather from allergies and it just got worse from there. Mom and Nanny came and stayed with Brady and Angelina as Larry was still at work. (Lately my kids want to act up when my mom has her weekend with Nanny. I don't know what is up with that!) Later that day Mom and Nanny picked the girls prescriptions and got some things for us so I didn't have to get out with all the kids. I was so thankful! They saved me on Saturday! Cirstyn started to feel bad later that evening and pretty much had a horrible night. I got 3.5 hours sleep so Larry decided he would not go to bed when he got home. He stayed up the whole day with me. He was feeling better and I felt like total crap! Of course because I felt bad I was snippy and irritable toward him but that only lasted for the first part of the morning. Poor Cirstyn just wanted to be held all day. We both felt so badly for her. We decided since I was the food supply I would tend to all of her needs while Larry took on the twins. Needless to say he DID NOT go to work that night then his days off started so we could all get better! Bradyn started to get a mild fever and developed a cough so the pedi called him in some Tamiflu. Everyone is feeling much better and I think all that is left is the lingering cough for Cirstyn and Brady. Angelina hasn't showed any symptoms as of yet so hopefully she won't at all!
1 comment:
Andi,
She is absolutely beautiful :-) She looks like you.
Ang
Post a Comment