So apparently 2009 is the year the kids get to experience real sickness and I am sick of it!
This last week our little foursome went out to lunch at Black Eyed Pea at Cityview and we all had an enjoyable lunch. Brady was well behaved, Angelina played in her stroller while getting her own bites (tube fed formula) and there was no vomiting, no wretching, no crying of any sort! Afterwards, we stopped by Target because I really love the Target over there and they a trip to Babies R Us to buy Angelina a new stroller. The shopping went well and we nearly made it out of BRU without any fit throwing, but hey I can't blame the kid, it was like 3pm, past nap time and Brady was done! The next day we went to lunch again at Chili's all went well again. The we let Brady loose in the little kid's play area. He had a great time running around, climbing all over things and playing with other kids. We shopped for a little bit then off to the car. It was sprinkling a little so we hurriedly got kids in the car and gear put away. I guess Larry didn't realize it but Brady had gotten the keys hanging off his pocket and was playing with them. Larry closed the hatch, I closed Angelina's door and then "click, click" the doors were locked! I didn't know Brady had the keys so I just yelled over to Larry to unlock the doors. He was freaking saying Brady had the keys and we were locked out. I have to tell you, I really thought we were screwed! I really couldn't believe that Larry would just give him the keys so I was getting pretty pissed by the second. Of course then he tells me he didn't just give them to him that he must have seen them hanging on his pocket and took them without realizing it. Anyway, Larry is desparately trying to get Brady to push the unlock button and Brady is just laughing away at him and trying to get his finger as he pushes it onto the glass. I couldn't help but laugh because it had started to rain by this point and we really looked ridiculous! Larry was telling me not to laugh that this was serious - as he can't help from cracking a laugh himself! Finally, we decided to call 911 to get the doors unlocked. After that phone call, Larry continued to coax Brady into playing with the keys and I was watching from the other side. I noticed Brady had picked up the key fob and was pointing at the buttons. I had a hand on the door handle and once Brady hit the right button I flung the door open as well as Larry! It was so funny WE WERE SAVED! Atleast we were able to cancel the 911 call before an officer showed up. That would have been doubley embarrassing!
That was the last of our outings last week, because Brady had gotten tired of Angelina getting all the attention. He woke up last Thursday morning around 1am vomitting. That continued on and off for about 3 hours then we all got a few hours sleep. After we all got up the next morning, he started again. No fever or diahrrea followed that day but he continued to vomit periodically. Friday morning he woke up around 2 with a 102.6 fever so we stripped him down to his diaper, got an acetaminaphen suppository in him and watched him for about an hour until his fever broke before we went back to bed. He vomitted a few times Friday but not as much. Saturday fever was pretty well gone and he threw up in the morning after trying to have some watered down juice. That didn't stick so he got water for the rest of the day but he ate the house - well atleast until after his nap. Once he got up from naptime, he found my open back of pretzels and munched a few then came to find us. He vomitted again. All he would eat for the rest of the day was Cherrios and graham crackers. He hasn't thrown up today yet and has eaten okay today, but he seems so tired. He had been having really bad gas and finally pooped this morning, but I'm still worried about him being so tired.
I hope tomorrow brings a much better day for him, then we will have 2 healthy babies!
1 comment:
Mom and I locked Ruby in the car one time when she was about Brady's age--I threw the keys in the front seat when I went to put Ruby in her seat. I was also very pregnant with Lily!! It was deer season and all the guys were gone so there was no one for us to call. I remember crawling under the car to find the magnetic hide-a-key box--which had somehow demagnetized itself(@*!?!)...needless to say, we did the same thing you did and(minus calling the police) and she finally pushed the button. Hope Brady is feeling better!
Post a Comment