I had an OB appointment yesterday and things are looking good. My weight is up to 145 lbs. now and most of it is baby and baby products! He says I will probably gain about 7-10 more pounds before it's all over with. I have gained 17 lbs so far this pregnancy. We talked about the next 6-8 weeks and he will start looking at inducing around 37-38 weeks. That puts us at having a baby around the last week of April or the first week of May! My Fetal Fibronectin test came back negative so I'm not at risk for pre-term labor - YEAH!
This baby moves constantly it seems. I am now having a hard time sleeping because my hip joints become numb and the pain from that wakes me up. Oh and now I am getting hot so easily - I guess the internal heater is perpetually on now at least for 8 more weeks!
The last time I went to my OB we had a sonogram and saw that the placenta is on the back side of my uterus so up front is all baby. Little hands and feet can be felt pretty distinctly on my belly and hopefully my insides will have a bit of a cushion against kicks and punches! We still don't know what the sex is and hope to remain uninformed until D-Day. We have been talking about names some but with everything that has been happening lately that pretty much has taken a back burner.
I have been making a list of all the things that need to be done prior to the baby coming and I think I am driving Larry crazy with it all. I am being obesessive about a few things like having a bag ready to go when it is time. Last time we had nothing and I had to rely on him to get the things I needed - not pretty! I don't have a lot of things to get together for the baby but there are some and like I said life has been pretty busy so I feel like time is running out and we need to get moving on being ready.
Brady has his new car bed and his Lightening McQueen bedding that he is so happy to have so we have rearranged Angelina's room to have both the cribs in there. We will have to take Brady's dresser since that is the changing table as well but Larry's parents are giving him Larry's dresser from when he was a kid. It is in the process of being re-finished now and hopefully we will have that in the next week or so. I thought that was pretty cool, it keeps us from having to purchase another one plus Brady has something of Daddy's from his childhood.
We are looking into putting Brady in a Mother's-Day-Out program a couple of day a week and I am in the process of researching that now. I think he will enjoy the interaction with other children his age. He has such a good time with his little friend Addison (Andar and Lisa's little girl) and we have had good luck with play dates with some of the ladies in my multiples group as well. OH - I have to brag on this little boy for a sec....He is 2 and he has been able to tell us the letters of the alphabet since before Christmas. Not just in order, but randomly as well. He knows the names of the numbers and is beginning to put together what "how many is that" means. He counts his cars periodically, it's so cute! The kid can tell you what color things are and he now knows shapes as well. These things may not even matter, but I tell you what Larry and I sure are impressed. I think in the back of our minds we sometimes wait for the other shoe to drop when it comes to him because he has come out of his prematurity so well that - even though we shouldn't -we anticipate being told something is wrong. So things like this are pretty exciting for us!
Okay, I have to go to bed, my luck Brady will want to get up early tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment