Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scan #1...FREE AND CLEAR!!!



The words we have been praying to hear have been spoken!  Brady's scan is clean and he is at this time CANCER FREE!   WHEW...que to exhale!  I can't even stress enough how awesome this news is for our little family to receive!  Immediatly upon hearing this news I could feel the weight of all of this lift and I could breathe again.  Its completely incredible and with joyful tears and all I, we, are so humbly thankful! 
Brady did really well with his MRI and only was only a bit emtional because of the IV that was in his hand.  Once they took it out he was a much happier boy!  This feeling of relief is so overwhelming and I finally feel like I can give myself permission to relax, don't worry until the next time. In the last 24 hours or so I have found it easier to smile or just randomly be joyful and that is such a great feeling to havfe back.  We aren't letting anything take away from this time, Brady's time, for rejoicing and celebrating!  Our little boy has been given his life back, if not for now but for a long, long time to come! 
We will take him to see his oncologist tomorrow to discuss in greater detail this scan and all the what's next items.  I feel certain that Brady's next scan will be in 2 or 3 months and that we may actually get back to a more "normal" feeling in our home! 
This is such a wonderful blessing and a miraculous recovery for our little man.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping him in your prayers.  God is listening and has heard all of us for Brady!   Everything that everyone has done; where it be financial assistance, bringing meals, sending care packages, gift cards, encouragement, prayers and love; has helped us, helped Brady to get to this point and we can never thank you enough for all that you've done!  You are all so amazing!  Thank you God for giving our son back to us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FROM OUR CARINGBRIDGE PAGE

THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 8:25 PM, CDT
Praise the Lord! I'm so thrilled for all of you and so thankful to God for His many blessings.

Gayle sanders
-----------------------------------

THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 4:58 PM, EDT
God is Good!!!

Love you All!!!!

Mandy Blankenshp

-----------------------------------
THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 3:24 PM, CDT
Praise the Lord! Answer to prayer! I am so grateful you have shared your treament and reovery with me. I am blessed to remember you each day in prayer and hopeful the Lord will continue to guide you and your family's lives. Jesus loves you Brady child and know He always will.

Lynn Allen

-----------------------------------
THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 11:38 AM, CDT
Hooray! This is the best news ever.

Sara Tapa

-----------------------------------
THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 10:03 AM, EDT
God is the Almighty!! XXO

Teresa Bruszer

-----------------------------------
THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 8:12 AM, CDT
I heard this WONDERFUL news yesterday while at a meeting with your Mom. What a wonderful, wonder-filled gift. You've all done such a good job moving forward through the muck, it is, indeed, time to celebrate.

Patty Cross

-----------------------------------
THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011 2:49 AM, CDT
We are so happy ( : Andrea & Larry I know you must feel like a weight has been lifted off of you, answered prayers are such a blessing ! Brady is such a special little boy loved by so many and he brings happiness where ever he goes . I know he makes his Nana, & Papa's heart skip a beat. We thank God everyday for him and all his blessings . ( What a mighty God we serve ) On Tuesday you cold not have slapped the smile off my face our family so blessed ( : love Nana & Papa

Karen Safford