About a month ago we finally got in home therapy going for Angelina. Openings became available for PT and ST so no more going to Cook Children's for therapy! Her new therapists are fairly young which is a big change from before, but we are open to their forward thinking and usage of new applications and techniques. She has adjusted quite well to them also. This cuts down a great deal on travel time to and from therapy appointments since it seems everyone in the house has got something going when school starts.
Angelina has been going to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in North Dallas-Richardson area. It's much better this time around as far as traveling and time spent at that office. She is going for 90 minutes one time per for 30 days day rather than 60 minutes two times per day for 20 days. We go more days, but it's worth it not to have to be gone for 7 hours each day! It also allows me to take her in the morning before Larry goes to work so we don't have to schedule someone to stay with Brady and Cirstyn. I'd much rather save babysitting time for going out!
Both her PT and ST have notice an improvement already in her cognition since going to HBOT. It's hard for me to tell right now because I'm with her all day, so I'm glad to have such a positive confirmation in such a short amount of time. Angelina's been taking steps on her own with little assistance - only holding her upright. She's been making decisions between toys to play with by using a switch device to pick what she wants as well! It's pretty cool to see her making improvements especially when it's so hot no one wants to do anything but lounge around!
There's lots more to update on but I just had to share while I had a free moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment