January 31 - Well I guess I should have expected it but the first week of school went so well for Angelina and now she is paying for it! I took her in to see Dr. Hayward on Saturday and she basically has Bronchiolitis. We gave her a breathing treatment early in the morning prior to see the doc but she still sounded wheezy. She has an ear infection and is very, very snotty! We have to give her breathing treatments every 3-4 hours and as needed overnight. She hasn't had a fever at all yet so I'm pretty sure it's not RSV, but we'll see. I hope this goes away soon!
February 2 - Okay we went back to the doc's office today because Angelina still isn't any better, in fact I thought it was worse. I was right. They gave her three breathing treatments in a row over the course of an hour and a half. I thought we'd be taking a trip over to Cook Children's because her sat's were low, like 88-90. She did sound better after that and her sat's were up to 95 so that is enough to keep us from going to the Cook Children's ER. Larry was convinced I'd be calling him to say we were going, but I told him to keep the faith and I was right! We are giving her treatments every 2-3 hours now around the clock for the next 3 days. Better at home than back and forth to the hospital!
February 3 - She has been better last night and today. The more frequent breathing treatments are really helping her and she is not really coughing that hacking, painful cough anymore. We go back tomorrow for her 3 year checkup so they will take a good look at her again to make sure she is on the right track to getting better!
No comments:
Post a Comment