Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our First Family Getaway!

Here we are.....just the 5 of us!

Dad watching Cars with B and A


Splashing with Mommy!



Look I found a blue fish!


Let's play!


Cirstyn just chillin!


Okay, after over two years of not being able to get the heck out of town we took all our kiddos to Turner Falls for a couple of days! The kids had a great time in the water, well except for Cirstyn as she stayed on the riverbank. Larry's mom and dad went with us to be extra sets of hands with the kids. We all had a such a good time together! We spent a lot of time in the car the first day because it took forever to get our room key. While we were waiting we took a drive up the mountain to check out all the campsites and scenery. It really was so pretty! It was nice to see things like that with my own eyes rather than on the travel channel! For a break we thought we'd visit the gift shop - me, Larry and three kids - not pretty! I had the baby Larry had Angelina and we took turns with Brady who was not in a great mood from all the time in the car. He was a bit of a toot, but I couldn't blame him. He had been so good up to that point not complaining about being in his seat for so long and just singing his songs and talking to us. So the first day we just chilled out in our cabin and walked around a bit showing Brady the river, turtles, bugs and stuff. The second day everybody went down to the water fall. Larry took Brady in and I had Angelina. Boy that water was pretty cool! They both got used to it (sort of) but still splashed around and enjoyed themselves. Larry's dad stayed with Cirstyn and Karen took pictures for us. Angelina and I got out because we were tired of the cold water and Cirstyn was getting hungry. The boys stayed in for a bit longer then they went with Karen down a ways to more of the shallow rivery part. Boy did Brady like that. He could move around better then sit and splash! He found a blue toy fish floating in the water, the poor thing didn't even have eyes! The third day Larry and I took Brady down to the river just down from our cabin. It had some really shallow spots to sit in there was also an area that was about 4' deep. The three of us had so much fun swimming and playing. Brady loved the little "waterfalls" everywhere! The last day before we had to leave we took both Brady and Angelina back down to this same spot. Brady had his life vest thing on and Angelina was in a float. She had so much fun! She was kicking her feet, splashing her arms and giggling about all the water. She just loves water! Brady really likes his life vest thing because he has so much more independence. He could swim around without one of us having to completely hold on to him all the time. He thought he was just so big! Larry and I also got to have a little "away from the kids" time each night. Karen would stay up to feed Cirstyn for the last feeding and we would just sit out under the stars with our beers enjoying the quiet! I think it is funny how one doesn't appreciate quiet until one has children! I don't have pictures right now because I never got to take any being busy with the kiddos so we gave Karen the picture taking job! I will post them when I can get over there to get copies.

No comments: