Monday, August 17, 2009
Happy 35th Birthday to ME!
Okay so this year I haven't been exactly looking forward to my birthday being that I am at the half way point between 30 and 40. Some might even say that i am on the down slope to 40 now. I don't subscribe to that school of thought though. Larry and I planned to go downtown, sit outside at 8.0's and just enjoy the scenery and people watch. Larry's dad had been in the hospital and was being discharged that same day. His parents were to come watch the kids, but since his dad had been in the hospital I kept telling them not to worry about it that we could always go out another time - no big deal. Well, they were troopers. They were hell bent on babysitting so we could go out for a while. I just thought they really thought we needed a night out and the missed the kids anyway so why not. WELL, little did I know my husband had a devised a plan to surprise me with. We were going to get a bite to eat before getting to 8.0's but I guess we were running later than he wanted us to be so we went right there. We were parking by the radio station and he was getting all worked up because it looked full. I kept telling him to calm down there's always a parking spot there. I was right and there was one close to the entrance! Off we go to 8.0's. We walked in and made our way to the doors going outside when I noticed Caitlyn. I am so inside my own head because it didn't even dawn on me that she was there to meet us. I kind of said to myself "hmmm she must be meeting people down here -how weird." I know how stupid that sounds. To make myself sound more so I didn't even register that Keith, Jen, Robin and Gregg were standing right there as well! I had no idea that they were all coming to meet us to have some drinks and hang out. I was truly surprised! I have to admit even though we planned on just the two of us, it was so nice to hang out with my friends and talk out on the patio like old times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment