Okay we finally got the results back from Angelina's EEG. Apparently she is having low grade seizures that look like "zone-out" periods. Her neurologist has started her on yet ANOTHER medicine to subside these seizures so they don't turn into full blown spastic seizures. I somewhat expected this kind of report just because I knew she was zoning out and had seen a special on "silent seizures" that can happen like this. It is almost unnoticeable when they happen and can even cause vomiting like spastic seizures. SO, the new medicine hopefully will help her with both of these problems. THAT WOULD BE GREAT! I would love for this new medicine to be able to stop the vomiting completely!! So far I have not seen a difference, but we will give it a few weeks.
It does scare me a bit to think my beautiful little daughter has something else to deal with in her life. Yesterday when we were shopping I was looking at some books and came across a few books that were titled "Why Girls Need A Mother", "Why Girls Need A Father" and the same for boys. Randomly I picked up the girls one for mothers. The page I flipped to read "Girls need a mother to wipe away the tears of heartbreak." I immediately put the book back on the rack and had to walk away. I knew that it meant heartbreak from love and realized that my daughter may not ever know that kind of heartbreak. It was one of those kinds of moments where you are immediately overwhelmed by the thought and I had to get out of that space so as to not have a cry fest at Target. It's amazing how I have all these positive thoughts about Brady's future like school, college, marriage etc., but it's so hard to visualize for Angelina right now.
STILL I don't let that stop me from trying to make her life as "normal" as possible!!
No comments:
Post a Comment